Saturday, March 31, 2012

Today, my Hunger Games Began

I am obsessed with the book "Hunger Games".  I started reading it on the plane ride home back from spring break, read it all within 36 hours, and have been dying to see the movie ever since I finished the book, and today was my lucky day.  I have been counting down the hours until today at 3:30, when I was picked up for the movie.  However, I had a slight problem, after coming back from the gym at 3:10, I was a bit rushed getting ready, so I quickly peeled my succulent red grapefruit and jumped in the car.  Throughout the "Hunger Games", my stomach was grumbling...ironic, right?  Needless to say, after the spectacular 2 and a half hour movie was over, I was very excited for dinner.  We decided on Anatolia, a Turkish restaurant on 4th street, behind Kirkwood.  I've been once before, and had a delicious meal of the White Bean soup and Veggie Guvec, but tonight I decided on the Vegetable Moussaka with an appetizer of the White Bean soup.  The soup was comprised of a salty broth, with some black pepper, as well as some parsley, and of course, the main ingredient, white beans.  The soup tasted incredible, better after every spoonful, the peppery taste lingered in my mouth as I awaited my main dish.  My dish came out piping hot, the plating was extremely eye-catching as well.  I immediately went for the salad, the dill-spiced vegetables and lettuce were delectable, and my vegetable dish was cooked to perfection.  Under the cover of a baked eggplant, I discovered zucchini, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, and caramelized onions.  Then, to top off the meal, the waiters brought us Turkish tea on the house.  The entire meal was delicious, and I was satisfied, if only my meal could be included in the "Hunger Games"...that would be the ultimate dream.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there,
    I just wanted to say tons of thanks for writing such wonderful things about your meal at Anatolia. I am sooo happy.

    I just wish that there would be a way to express my thanks to you.

    My name is Sibel and i am the owner of the restaurant.
    many thanks again....
    kind regards,
    Sibel.

    ReplyDelete