Monday, March 19, 2012

My Big Fat Greek Salad


Yesterday was my first day back at school, and to my surprise (not), none of the campus run dining halls were open because of Spring Break.  Myself, and a couple of my friends decided to go to Village Deli on Kirkwood for dinner.  I have only been to Village Deli once before for breakfast, which they are known around the IU community for.  Especially for brunch on Saturday or Sunday when you're hungover...  But I had never been for dinner.  I decided to go the semi safe route and order a Greek salad, with some added grilled chicken as protein.  Although it took about 15 minutes too long for us to get our food, it was worth the wait.  There was a mix of spring mix lettuce and some bright green romaine (not the light green-brown kind I am used to from Gresham), the olives were big, the onions and tomatoes were sliced nicely and fresh, the feta cheese was crumbly, and the grilled chicken was another added bonus.  The salad was delicious, and for once, I was full.

No comments:

Post a Comment