Thursday, March 22, 2012

Breakfast for Dinner

As I am sure many of you know, we have been hit with a hard case of global warming, well at least it's been pretty bad in Bloomington, Indiana.  Who would've expected that in late March, it would be 80 degrees?  I didn't, and to make matters worse, I was extremely unprepared.  What makes this weather even more difficult is the amount of food you can eat without getting even hotter...there aren't many choices.  After debating back and forth of whether or not I should get another salad from Gresham (oops, I mean Grosshum) - one of the only things that is okay in this hot weather, I decided against it.  I'm bored of my typical meal, but there aren't many other options.  I decided that since the weather has gone down to 68, instead of being up in the high 80s, it was okay to get an egg-white omlette.  Breakfast for dinner is good, but you have to be in the right mood.  I ordered at the Sandwhich bar (they make omlettes on the reg., all day, every day), "one egg-white omlette with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, and turkey."  Turkey not a typical omlette meat, but I don't eat ham, and I wasn't in the mood for cheese.  I was looking to get a piece of fruit as well, but just my luck, everything looked old, rotten, or mushy.  I tend to like fresh fruit, but that's just me.  Anyway, the omlette was alright, and I got some bright orange baby carrots from the salad bar on the side, which were quite munchable.  I guess I am surprised to say that my meal was pretty decent.  Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment