Friday, March 23, 2012

Food Glorious Food

I'd have to say, my entire day was filled with yummy food.  Starting at lunch, I made my own salad without leaves (what we call lettuce) because I am bored of having the same thing over and over again.  My salad consisted of pinto beans (for protein), chickpeas, red peppers, and shredded carrots.  Since that was not going to be filling, I decided to try the "Eat Right" section in Gresham, and decided on steamed spinach (literally obsessed, everyone should try it, it's just so good) and this mix of marinated vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, squash, onions, and peppers.  I mixed the spinach and the marinated vegetables together, and that was also relatively tasty.  As well, to my surprise, there was fresh fruit!  I chose a ripe yellow banana (which was a difficult find because the majority of the bananas at Gresh are bright green), and a small container of green grapes.  My lunch was good mixture of food.

As for dinner, I was excited not to eat at Gresham again.  Being in a sorority at Indiana University, we had a special dinner pairing with our "Little 5" (an annual bike race) fraternity pair.  I was excited to get a taste of the food at a new house that I had never eaten before, and we were having a BBQ.  In my opinion, it's hard to mess up food for a BBQ.  I am not a huge hotdog fan, and I don't eat sausages, but as a third option, there were turkey burgers.  I love turkey burgers!  I grabbed a turkey burger, some spreadable yellow mustard, and a whole lotta fruit.  They had a fruit salad with oranges, canteloupe, grapes, peaches, and honeydew.  I love grapes, canteloupe, and oranges, plus they were fresh and tasted yummy.  However, my all time favorite fruit is strawberries, and boy, did they have those!  They weren't sour, but sweet, bright red, and addicting.  I could eat strawberries all day.  As I was taking a second helping of fruit, I noticed a ginormous strawberry in the bowl, so I took it, because I figured...why not??? No one else seemed to want it!  Dinner was a perfect way to end my foodie-filled day.


No comments:

Post a Comment