Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Wright or Wrong Choice

Today I opted for a change of pace.  I thought about my agenda for the day, and realized that if I wanted to go to office hours after English in the central part of campus, it made sense to stay there because I had class at 3 in the Central neighborhood.  One of the main attractions to the Central neighborhood, is the food court at the Wright dorm.  I'll admit, when I was there during orientation, I despised it, and was very unhappy with the food choices it offered.  However, since being at school, people rave about it!  At first hearing, I was shocked and surprised...were they really talking about Wright?!?  But, I decided to try it again and see if the rumors were true.
Walking into Wright, the first place that caught my eye was the "Eat Right" station, a form of familiarity for me.  I was excited to find that there were asparagus cuts, which I got as a side.  Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables, and I really enjoy cooking it at home.  Hopeful of what was to come, I took a full lap around the food court, looking at the different options.  There was a Sbarro, a sandwich bar, a Mexican stand, and a place that served all different types of fried food.  I wasn't really pleased with the options and the memories of gross food during orientation seemed to be coming back to haunt me!  But...I was here, so I decided to make the best of it.  As always, the comfort of a salad bar was reassuring.  I grabbed a large salad dish and loaded it with the dark red and green leaves of spring mix, added shredded carrots, bean sprouts and white onions before I continued on.  Although at this point, I was getting nervous and disappointed because, to be honest, even the ingredients in the salad bar were not that appealing.  As I continued my circular walk around the Salad Bar, I added some chopped turkey.  Usually, I am hesitant to add the turkey from Gresh, because it looks slimy, but the one positive of Wright, was that the turkey looked normal.  I topped it with some black pepper for a spicy flavor, and grabbed an orange as well.  The salad surprisingly tasted pretty good, but I think I've had enough of Wright (even though I've only been there twice, it's been two times too many).  I guess it's back to Gresh for me...for a while anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment