Friday, April 6, 2012

Love at First Bite

Welcome to Chi-City!  I have the pleasure of spending Passover in Buffalo Grove, IL with a friend from school.  I have never been to Chicago (okay, in this case, the suburbs of Chicago) before, and I am so excited to be here.  In order to prepare for the Passover holiday, we have to get rid of all the bread in the house, and replace it with Kosher for Passover (K for P) food.  We had our last carbo-licious meal last night of pasta with mushroom sauce and steamed broccoli and asparagus. 
Today, my friend insisted that she take me to this little local restaurant called Go Roma, very similar to Cosi and Corner Bakery.  We both decided on the Tuscan Salad.  However, I ordered it without the pasta and instead of with roasted chicken.  When the salad came, there were many surprises.  It was a gorgeous bowl filled with fresh spring mix, chopped roasted chicken, sliced cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and green beans!  I for one have never had green beans in a salad, and was anxious to see how they would fit into this combination.  I was hooked after the first zesty bite!  The chicken was cooked perfectly, the roasted red peppers full of spice, and the green beans added an extra crunch.  This salad was delicious, filling, and easy.  Watch out Chi-town, because this foodblogger is about to get cray, K for P style.

No comments:

Post a Comment