Friday, April 13, 2012

CalciYUM

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner were a bore yesterday.  I am sick of the food here at school!!  Especially with the Passover restrictions.  Scrambled egg-whites for breakfast, another C-store salad for lunch, and to top it off, a yummydeliciousbutreallyactuallydisgusting salad from Gresh for dinner.  I had had it with the crappy dorm food and was ready for something different.  Two friends and I decided to go to Red Mango on 10th Street for frozen yogurt.  I've been there once before, but it was earlier in the semester, so I was excited to go again.  The place was packed, I guess everyone was into the fro-yo feeling last night.  I am an original flavor girl, because I like the tart flavor, but feeling adventurous, I tasted the blueberry as well as the a citrus flavored yogurt, I ultimately decided on a generous swirl of original, and a dab of the citrus, which amounted to a perfect blend for any palate.  As the line moved quickly, the brightly colored array of toppings came into a full view, there was a section of fresh fruit (my dream come true), and I piled on a heaping amount of fresh red strawberries, a scoop of tangy pineapple, a spoonful of blueberries, some cut mango, and a couple blackberries.  Then, the frosty white mochi caught my eye.  Mochi is a japanese rice cake (sorry Passover, I had to make an exception) made, pounded into a paste and formed into little circular frozen yogurt toppings, they are my all-time favorite.  I finished it off with a waterfall of almond-slivers.  Anxious to try my masterpiece, I could hardly wait to pay.  Finally, it was time for the taste test...the combination of the tart flavor from the original yogurt, with the sweetness of the pineapple, and ripeness of the mango was to die for.  The mochi was a sticky soft complexion, that mixed perfectly with the tang of the citrus yogurt.  The best spoonful was a mixture of everything, a drop of original and the citrus yogurt, with a couple strawberries, a sliver of a blackberry, pineapple, mango, a blueberry, with a piece of almond and a tiny mochi on top.  I have to say, I was most pleased with this combination of goods, it was the best frozen yogurt bowl I've had in a long time.  It was a healthy influenced bowl of yogurt, that was indulgent in a non-guilty way.

No comments:

Post a Comment