Saturday, April 28, 2012

Keep Calm and Slurp On

In an effort to finish out my meal points for the remainder of the semester, I have eaten in Gresham, and it's been gross, and salads from the C-Store, which are past their prime.  I could not do it anymore.  Today, for my last real day in Bloomington, I decided to give up on trying to finish up my meal points.  A couple friends and I decided to go out for a late lunch to this soup place called Darn Good Soup on the Square in Bloomington.  I have passed this place countless amounts of times and have always wanted to try it.  It just so happened that today was my lucky day!  There were so many delicious options to chose from, Lentil Split Pea, Minestrone, Chicken Tortilla, but the one that caught my eye was Carrot Ginger.  I love carrots and I love ginger, so I figured I would love a mixture of the two.  The soup was a pretty, bright orangey-yellow color, making it look almost too good to eat, but I was not going to let the presentation of the soup stop me from digging in.  The taste of the mush of puréed carrots with ginger was to die for.  It was a sweet and salty combination, each bite creamier than the last.  Some spoonfuls were filled with chunks of shredded crunchy carrots.  Even after I devoured the small Styrofoam cup of soup, the flavors still lingered in my mouth.  I am anxious to find a recipe to make the soup at home and hopeful that it will taste just as good.  Trust the name, this place has Darn Good Soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment