Friday, April 20, 2012

California Dreamin' in Bloomington

Same old food, different day.  I was looking forward to my adventurous dinner at Malibu Grill on North Walnut.  I have been there once before, and tonight was a special occasion, two of my friends' birthdays, and we were going out for a night on the town.  I perused the menu, of course looking at the salad selection first...because we all know, I am salad-obsessed!  I settled on the Mediterranean Chicken Salad, with fresh Roma tomatoes.  I am not a huge tomato fan, but I've started eating them a lot more ever since coming to school, they add a juicy burst of flavor to my meals.  The large salad came in an eye-catching redish-orange plate, with a bed of mixed-greens, slices of grilled chicken, a circle of red onions, four tomatoes, three kalamata olives and three cubes of feta cheese.  Although everything was layered on top of each other, it was all separate at the same time, but when I dug into salad, I mixed everything together.  Each bite was a different mixture of taste, some with salty crumbled bits of cheese, others with sweetness from the tomatoes.  Within about ten minutes I had polished off my salad, and the rest of my friends had finished their meals as well.
As we arrived back at the dorms in the Northwest side of campus, dessert was on my mind.  As a last resort, I headed over to Gresham and to my chagrin nothing looked appealing as usual.  My friend suggested to try a green pear.  My experience with pears has not been positive and I have always convinced myself that I didn't like them, but I thought why not.  After the first bite, I was in heaven!  I can't believe how skewed my views of pears were.  My new motto is: when in doubt, try it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment