Monday, May 13, 2013

The Dairy Dream

On a recent trip to the supermarket I bought some beautiful ripe red strawberries. I wanted to make something cold, sweet, creamy, fresh and fruity and came up with a great combination for a light dessert or snack. I washed, hulled and halved some juicy strawberries. Then I opened a container of plain greek style yogurt and drizzled in some honey for sweetness. Next, I took a knife and spread the yogurt on top of the strawberries like icing until it covered the entire half. Then for a crunch, I sprinkled miniature chopped walnuts on top of the layer of yogurt. I placed the sliced yogurt covered strawberries into a container with a lid and put them in the freezer for about four hours. After returning home from a long walk, later in the day, I was hot and wanted something to cool me off. I pulled out the container to find the strawberries frozen solid. I plopped a frozen strawberry half into my mouth. The yogurt melted to a creamy liquid and a crunch from the nuts, the taste was soothing. The snack was a dairy dream, filled with delicious flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment