Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pistachio Green...Nail Polish?


Welcome to eatmytailgate....summer edition!  For the next three and a half months I will be spending it where? About 12 hours from Bloomington, Indiana - as the TV show's title says, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia".  For the past 12 summers of my life, I have been going to overnight camp, so this will be my first summer in my hometown since 2001.  I feel like my summer will be sort of like a Chinese restaurant menu.  One from column A, one from column B.  Because, this summer I will be preoccupied with an internship in the city of Philadelphia, a job at Whirled Peace, a frozen yogurt shop on Restaurant Row located in a trendy part of Philadelphia called Manayunk, as well as taking the dreadful course of Finite Math.  Coming home from IU last week was definitely weird.  I mean, now I don't have a roommate or share my bathroom with a whole floor of dorm-mates.  To readjust to being home, I have been spending a lot of time with my family.  This Thursday my brother is graduating from college.  So today, my mom, brother (feel free to giggle) and I went for the full excursion of a spa day, manis, pedis, massages, the whole shaaaabang.  Now, I am seriously obsessed, like an unhealthy obsession with nail polish, my two favorite brands are Essie and OPI.  Today, I decided on two Essie colors.  For my nails, a pistachio pale green called Da Bush and for my toes a purplish-gray called Master Plan.  I like funky colors, like purples, greens, blues, aquas, oranges, I am known for defying the norm of pinks and reds...when it comes to nail polish.  I plunked my feet in the pedicure tub and had my feet washed, scrubbed with that tickly sponge (you all know what I am talking about), as I squirmed in the chair and had a hot stone massage.  After the polish was on my toes, they were glowing.  I was anxious to see the pistachio color on my nails.  My nails were filed in a round shape and then the polish was applied, the color is absolutely gawgeous.  I am so excited to rock my new colors in my new outfit for my brother's graduation tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment