Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I Do Like Green Eggs & Ham

I was on my way to another excursion in the city of Philadelphia, meeting up with a friend for brunch.  We were going to this cute-sy eatery called Green Eggs & Ham Cafe, on the corner of 13th and Locust Street of center city Philadelphia.  It was a gorgeous, sunny day so we decided to sit outside, plus, the restaurant was extremely crowded.  By the look of the line out the door, I knew it had to be good.  My friend and I decided to split two dishes.  First, an egg-white omelette with chopped rustic red tomatoes, translucent white onions and dark green peppers, with a layer of bright orange cheddar cheese melted on top.  Plus there was a handful of roasted potatoes on the side.  The second dish was a Tabouleh salad with wedged tomatoes, sliced onions, chopped cucumbers and shaved parsley.  The omelette itself was tasty, the cheese was overpowering.  I dug my fork into the omelette reaching for the egg-whites and the other vegetables, trying to push the cheese to the side.  The Tabouleh salad was made of grains.  I scooped up the salad with a piece of tomato and onion, the vegetables crunched in my mouth.  There was a light lemon vinaigrette on top which provided the dish with a tart flavor.  The two dishes were a perfect combination together, the salad was light, the omelette a bit heavy.  Green Eggs & Ham is a great brunch place, I would definitely go back there again.  I do like Green Eggs & Ham, I do like it there, sam I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment