Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bubblicious

Since my summer break has started, I have been spending part of week in the city of Philadelphia, interning at a non-profit agency.  I really love the city of Philadelphia, it's gorgeous, welcoming and full of adventure.  I feel very independent, being able to take the train downtown and using my new friend Siri, who helps me navigate the streets of Philadelphia.  I feel like such a city girl even though I'm from the suburbs.
Today two friends and I decided to walk around Rittenhouse square, a very exclusive neighborhood in the city of Philadelphia with high-rises, brownstones and good shopping.  We took pictures like tourists, frolicked in the streets and shopped till we dropped.  As the clock struck 1, our stomachs grumbled and we decided to take a quick snack break.  My friends were in the mood for frozen yogurt, so we stopped at Sweet Endings, a self-serve frozen yogurt shop on the corner of 18th and Chestnut street.  To be honest, I am fro-yoed out from my job at Whirled Peace but I was extremely thirsty and wanted a cool refreshment.  I decided to try the infamous Bubble Tea, a blended mixture of flavored tea, milk and tapioca balls.  I looooove tea and milk.  I always put a drop of milk in my hot tea every night.  I chose the Thai flavored tea with skim milk and voilà! a masterpiece drink was created, with a fat neon pink straw.  After first taste, my eyes lit up as the bursts of flavors splashed through my mouth.  The second taste was even better, as my straw scooped up the squishy tapioca ball which I bit into.  I was in awe of this amazing drink.  It was the perfect thirst-quencher.  The sweetness of the tea was blended perfectly with the creaminess of the milk and the tapioca balls.  It's official, I am in love with bubble tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment