Saturday, April 20, 2013

Bowl-ing The Perfect Game

It was 50 degrees and sunny in downtown Boulder, Co and my friend and I were in need of a "rush". What type of rush, you may ask? A rush bowl. "Rush bowls" is the name, a bowl of blended fruit and granola is its game. Located "On the Hill" of University of Colorado Boulder's campus - where I am for the weekend visiting a friend at school. We walked into a little shop with sea blue colored walls and one large menu that covered the nature back walk of the store. My friend and I decided on a "yoga" bowl, blended mango, pineapple, banana, green tea, frozen yogurt and skim milk. Each bowl is freshly prepared and unique in its ingredients. The fruit mixed with the green tea colored the bowl a mint green that layered the bottom of the bowl, with a covering of homemade granola and a drizzle of honey. I dunked my spoon into the bowl of swirly goodness. The first bet was crunchy, creamy, delicious and nutritious. A wholesome bunch of ingredients, with a mellow, mild taste. Each bite of granola was covered in the sweetness of the honey, with the tropical flavor of the fruit. It was a yog-tastic bowl of healthy indulgence, leaving my sweet tooth satisfied and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment