Saturday, January 19, 2013

Personal Pizza Pizzaz

I wanted to make a new Saturday night special, homemade pizza for dinner.  But first, I decided to order some starter salads from Dakota Pizza company...I mean, what were they thinking stealing my name?   Lol but for real...it's a real place, a real pizza company, and I once got a free shirt because we share the same name.  Anyways, back to my blog.  I pulled out a small circular round of whole wheat pita from the fridge and placed it on a sheet of aluminum foil, then i doused the pita in mushroom flavored tomato sauce, spreading the sauce out so it covered the entire base of the pita.  Then I added a couple handfuls of shredded white Mozzarella cheese, so only a couple specks of red sauce were visible.  To add some "pizzaz" to the "pizza" I sliced two green onions into small, miniature circles and one medium sized red pepper into thin strips.  I added the vegetables to the pizza and placed it in the oven for 5 minutes.  After a quick 5 minutes, I let the pizza sit in the oven so the rest of the cheese would melt.  As I took the pizza round out of the oven, I was shocked by the heat from the aluminum foil, probably should've used an oven mitt...but hey, YOLO, right?  To enhance the taste, I sprinkled some garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes on top.  My mouth was salivating and I could hardly wait to try my creation.  I tried to cut it in half but then the toppings started to get messed up, so I decided to eat it whole.  As I took my first bite, my teeth sunk into the soft pita, as the combination of flavors entered my mouth - the sweetness of the tomato sauce, with the hint of the mushroom, the salty creaminess of the cheese, the pungent spice of the scallions and the crunch of the red peppers.  The bold flavor of the garlic mixed with the fiery flavor of the crushed red pepper added just the right kick to my pizza.  This really made my Saturday night, special.

No comments:

Post a Comment