Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Main Squeeze

As I was walking back from work to the train today, I found that I wanted a little pick-me-up. I toyed with the thought of getting something at the train (like a latte or a hot cup of tea) but decided against both of those boring choices, I was in the mood for something atypical from my usuals, a change of pace. Taking a different route back to Suburban station, I passed by "Animo: Juice and Burrito Bar" on the corner of 17th and Arch Street in Center City, Philadelphia. The fluorescent yellow tables outside and the buzz of people inside pulled me in. This place was hip and happening, a restaurant where your choices of food or drink are made to order. I began perusing the menu, which was a difficult task because everything sounded sooooooooo good. I narrowed it down to 3 juices, Glow (carrot, cantaloupe and orange), Spa Treatment (cucumber, apple, lemon & lime), or Ginger Snap (apple, ginger and lime). Ultimately, I decided on the Ginger Snap and anxiously awaited for my drink to be prepared. As I stood waiting on the side of the juice bar, my drink was brought out to me in a clear cup with a shimmering lime green color radiating through the plastic. I was blown away after my first sip, the freshness of the fruit was addicting. The tart acid of the lime juice blended with the tanginess of the green apple, both flavors freshly squeezed by hand into a juicer. As I continued to sip, the spice of the ginger appeared, mixing with the sugars from the fruit, providing a natural sweetness to my juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment