Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Morning Rush

Sometimes my life is so busy and I'm pressed for time that making breakfast can be difficult - even though I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  Prepared foods are not really what I like to turn to for breakfast, especially on Tuesday and Thursdays, my longest days of the week.  So with breakfast being an extremely vital meal for me today, I needed a fresh start with a bowl of goodness.  For my morning meal today, I began collecting the individual fruit ingredients - a fresh, plump and juicy peach, ripe red strawberries and small, crispy red grapes.  I took a clear glass bowl and then began the process of cutting the fruit.  I cut the peach into large slices, then in smaller chunks, and sliced the stem off the strawberries and cut them into quarters.  Then I added those two ingredients to the glass bowl and added a handful of red grapes.  I stirred about 3 ounces of vanilla yogurt and dolloped it on top of the fruit.  Then I sprinkled on 1/4 cup of slivered almonds and added 2 tables of Vanilla Flax Granola for the additional crunch factor.  My eyes were dancing with colors from the bowl, they were so bright.  My first spoonful was a combination of fruit flavors, filled with the smooth texture of the yogurt, a crunchy bite of the almonds, mixed with granola, as well as the pop-a-ble bites of the grapes.  The bowl was bursting with flavor, freshness and healthy choices.  I won't compromise on taste...for me, it has to taste good.  I know the week isn't over yet, but I can already say this breakfast will be my favorite one of the week.  I am satisfied and content, but not overly full - so even during the morning rush of getting ready, this breakfast was a great way of giving me a flavor rush in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment