Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thai Tom Yum Yum

It's crazy that my Thanksgiving break has gone by so quickly, I cannot believe it is already over!  Even though this was the first year we had an entire week off, plus two days, it seemed to go by quicker this year than the last.  Tonight for a "farewell" dinner my parents and I were craving Thai Food.  After much research on Yelp and Google, I decided on Thai Pepper, an eatery on Lancaster Ave. in Ardmore, PA.  After studying the menu online, I was anxious to get to the restaurant and order!  At around 7 PM, we headed to the restaurant.  It was chilly in the restaurant because they are sharing the space with another adjacent restaurant.  We were seated promptly - and looked over the menu, although it was different from the one online, I was so hungry it didn't matter.  After a few minutes, we placed an order for appetizers.  I chose the Tom Yum soup, one of my favorites.  The soup came out in a small bowl, steaming hot - equally as hot as the spiciness of the ingredients in the soup.  I picked up my hollow spoon and spooned the broth into my mouth, as my lips tingled from the spiciness of flavors.  The main protein of the soup was three pieces of pink shrimp, cooked to a plump perfection, tender and juicy.  The scallions added bright pops of green dots to the bowl of orangey liquid.  The long brown strips to my surprise were mushrooms, they looked identical to strips of chicken, but tasted very different!  The soft and squishiness of the mushrooms were easy to chew, they added a nice element of surprise to the dish.  After all the individual elements of the soup were eaten, I finished off the bowl of peppery broth as my tastebuds were left in flames.  The mixture of flavors were all so different and distinct, but when combined together they formed a bowl of (tom) yummy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment