Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sweetgrassy Greens

Today I was invited to lunch by my friend and her parents who are in town visiting for the weekend.  They were interested in trying out new restaurants, and it just so happened that Sweetgrass was next on the list.  I've been to Sweetgrass once before, for dinner, but have never been there for lunch so I was ready to join them on a new adventure.  Sweetgrass is a restaurant located by the Bloomington Hospital on West Patterson Drive.  From central campus, it took us about 10 minutes to get there.  As we walked into the restaurant, the burnt smell of the home-made buns and the strong odor of steak wafted through the air.  The menu was designed with a southern-home cookin' style.  Some items on the menu were fried green tomatoes, fish tacos and the ultimate "Hoosier Daddy Burger" (one I recommend for all "Hoosier Daddy's") .  I decided to play it simple this time and order the "Seabrooke Revival" salad with grilled chicken.  My stomach grumbled as I awaited my meal.  Out came a large white plate covered in dark green spinach leaves, topped with crisp cucumbers, split red grapes, a couple specks of creamy white goat cheese, miniature tan sesame seeds, sliced white onions and a heaping amount of grilled chicken.  Before my first bite, I sliced the long, lean pieces of grilled chicken in half and then dug in.  In one bite, I was able to taste the soft spinach leaves mixed with the burst of sweetness from the grapes, a small slice of chicken and the crunch from the cucumbers and onions.  The flavors were a match made in heaven.  I continued to take bite after bite, each time revealing another ingredient.  The chicken was cooked to perfection and the bed of salad was absolutely delicious.  After today, I am a Sweetgrass girl, all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment